httpd-users mailing list archives

From Clay Porter <clay.por...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Name Virtual Host Weirdness
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 21:21:06 GMT
All,

I have two virtual hosts set up that look like the following (I've
tried to only include the information pertaining to the problem, i,e,
I've removed the actual rewrite rules, etc):

Listen *:38215
NameVirtualHost *:38215

<VirtualHost *:38215>
    DocumentRoot /www/sitea
    ServerName www.sitea.com
    ErrorLog logs/sitea-error.log
    CustomLog logs/sitea-access.log common

    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
        RewriteEngine on
#        RewriteLog  logs/sitea-rewrite.log
#        RewriteLogLevel 3
    </IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:38215>
    DocumentRoot /www/siteb
    ServerName www.siteb.com
    ErrorLog logs/siteb-error.log
    CustomLog logs/siteb-access.log common

    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
        RewriteEngine on
        RewriteLog  logs/sitea-rewrite.log
        RewriteLogLevel 3
    </IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

What's happening is that all of the log information is being written
to sitea's log files, no matter which virtual host I hit.  The log
files for siteb are being created at start up but they are empty.  I'm
afraid this weirdness might also be affecting the rewrite rules
specific to the sites. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

I'm using Apache 2.2.3 on a RHEL 5.6 box.

Thanks for any help you can give.  Please let me know if I need to
provide more info than this.