httpd-users mailing list archives

From maillis...@gmail.com
Subject [users@httpd] Children Disappear
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 14:16:37 GMT
I have several ec2 instances running identical versions of drupal on
apache 2.2.6. They also have identical apache configs, which includes
these settings --

StartServers        8
MinSpareServers     8
MaxSpareServers    20
ServerLimit       256
MaxClients        256
MaxRequestsPerChild  4000

Every couple of weeks or so, I get an alert that a machine is running
just a single apache process. It's always the same machine, and I'll
find that only the parent is running. There are no errors logged, and
I don't see memory pressure or load problems (everything is
monitored.) Any ideas on what this might be, or suggestions on how to
troubleshoot it?  Am I missing something obvious?