httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Authenticate/Authorize user based on group with apache and mysql
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 10:16:40 GMT

On 12 Jan 2012, at 09:44, Niklas Johansson wrote:

> I am trying to get authorization to work on my apache installation. I
> want to authorize depending on what group the user belongs to.
[chop]

> AuthzDBDQuery doesn't work since, as I understand it, it is not part
> of any stable version yet.

mod_authz_dbd was first dropped into trunk just too late to make the
original 2.2.0 release.  That version was developed with 2.2 and worked
with it.

Shortly after came authz refactoring.  It was refactored along with all
other authz modules, and no longer works with 2.2.

You can get the original version for 2.2 from the svn repos at
http://svn.eu.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=345389
but bear in mind you'll be using largely-untested code!

For a brief history of changes since then, you could see
http://svn.eu.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/aaa/mod_authz_dbd.c?view=log

--
Nick Kew