httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen Geilman <jer...@adaptr.nl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Invalid URI in request OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 14:01:42 GMT
On 01/06/2012 10:23 AM, Szőts Ákos wrote:
> No, I don't think so; ModSecurity just get triggered because something in
> the error_log.
>
> "As to the OPTIONS * request failing - make sure there are no hidden
> rewrite rules or other URI mangling going on."
>
> Thank you for the tip. Is there any (easy) way to debug which rewrite rules
> were applied to a query? The server is in use, so unfortunately I cannot

Enable the rewritelog and see what it says:

RewriteLog /some/location
RewriteLogLevel 1

If RewriteLogLevel 1 does not show you what you need to see, increase it
until you do see something, but I would advise you not to run at a high
loglevel for long on a production system, as it will cause a massive
performance hit.

> turn on/off the rules randomly.
>
> Ákos
>
> 2012. január 5. 13:49:30 dátummal Igor Cicimov ezt írta:
>
> [error] [client 194.38.104.110] ModSecurity: Warning. String match "Invalid
> URI in request" at WEBSERVER_ERROR_LOG.   ModSecurity? Protection against
> using * in the URI?

J.