httpd-users mailing list archives

From Szőts Ákos <szots...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Invalid URI in request OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 11:36:17 GMT
Hi All,

There's a frequent error message in my Apache error_log (v2.2.21 under
openSUSE 12.1):
"Invalid URI in request OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0"

I know this is an internal dummy connection to test if the server is alive
or not. But every time, Apache tries to connect to itself, it writes
instead of the error log.

Here is the full request:
OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0

Response:
HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

Vary: accept-language,accept-charset,User-Agent

Accept-Ranges: bytes

Connection: close

Expires: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 19:31:04 GMT

Here is the full "debug" log:
[error] [client 194.38.104.110] Invalid URI in request OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0

[debug] mod_headers.c(756): headers: ap_headers_output_filter()

[debug] mod_headers.c(756): headers: ap_headers_output_filter()

[debug] mod_headers.c(756): headers: ap_headers_output_filter()

[debug] mod_headers.c(756): headers: ap_headers_output_filter()

[error] [client 194.38.104.110] ModSecurity: Warning. String match "Invalid
URI in request" at WEBSERVER_ERROR_LOG.

I tried to telnet to my server on port 80, and when I write "OPTIONS *", I
get a 400 error, but when I write "OPTIONS /", I got 200 OK.
RFC says the * is acceptable, so I don't understand why the error.

I tried to use Google, but had no luck, unfortunately.

Could you please, help me resolving this issue?

Best regards,

Ákos Szőts