httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to make Apache mod_deflate and Transfer-encoding : Chunked work together?
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:37:49 GMT

>> On 27.01.12 15:37, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>>> Chunking is not a feature that the client gets to choose.
>>> Your client code is badly written if it is that fragile.

IIUC, it's not badly written client code, but a want from webserver
admin, that seems not to be fullfillable with current
apache/mod_deflate...

>>> It has to be able to tolerate either of Content-Length or
>>> Transfer-Encoding.  You don't have command or control of the
>>> mechanism used if you are an HTTP/1.1 client.  It is always
>>> the server's choice.

>On 1/30/2012 8:30 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>> You can however send HTTP/1.0 request with which the server MUST NOT
>> send chunked response.

Looking at the original post this is just the opposite OP wants to
achieve.

>However, it need not send Content-Length either.  If the C-L could
>not be determined, keepalives would not be honored, and you would be
>stuck in connection-per-request mode.

I agree, using http/1.0 is not what the OP wants.
REALITY.SYS corrupted. Press any key to reboot Universe.