httpd-users mailing list archives

From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] OpenSSL and apache2 wildcard self-signed certificate for nested subdomain
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 14:03:28 GMT

> > cacert.org will issue free certificates, and, IIRC, also wildcard
> > certificates. They are available in *most* browsers.
> >
> >> Cheers,
> >> SR.

> Thanks for information Igor,
> I find the cacert.org site, but not the IIRC site, can you give me
> more
> information ?

Commas, commas, and, more, commas:

IIRC == If I remember correctly

So, in context:

"cacert.org will issue free certificates, and, if I remember
correctly, also (free) wildcard certificates."

> I'm not the owner of parisgeo.cnrs.fr because the root domain is the
> french institution cnrs.fr, so can i create this type of certificate
> ?

But in that case the owner of cnrs.fr must request those
certificates.

--
Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883