httpd-users mailing list archives

From √ėyvind Lode <>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] name-server
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2011 11:12:29 GMT
I can see that the domain is registered but I can't reach any dns servers.

loke:~$ host
loke:~$ host -t NS
loke:~$ whois | grep -i 'name server'

You need to configure the 2 name servers to hold your domains zone info (like A records etc
to point to your servers IP).

If you have already done so it's just taking a while to replicate.

When the dns records are up and running apache should serve the contents of the site.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dr. Sunil M. Dogra []
Sent: 3. desember 2011 07:58
Subject: [users@httpd] name-server

I have Scientific Linux 5.6 (64bit) and have installed webserver.
when I do

service httpd status

it shows its running and also when I open the page on same machine it opens the page.

I have also registered my domain name ( with my registrar. But I still could
not open the page.

Any help for debugging?

With Best Regards

See <URL:> for more info.