httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steve Swift <Swi...@swiftys.org.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Double Slashes in URL Path
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 06:17:20 GMT
I'm no expert in this area, which is perhaps why I've also seen the
problem. The upside is that apache seems to ignore the double slashes, but
this is probably because the underlying systems do the same. Try typing a
file, then change one of the slashes to a double slash; it still types out
(both Windows and Linux).

Your first step is to be very clear what is creating the url's. You say
they are coming from the client application, but what, exactly, is this?
Are the URL's generated by code of some sort (JavaScript/CGI scripts/etc),
or simply HTML?