httpd-users mailing list archives

From Yehuda Katz <yeh...@ymkatz.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Q) apache + W2008R2 + NLB
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 15:27:16 GMT
On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 5:12 AM, Alex Samad - Yieldbroker <
Alex.Samad@yieldbroker.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am in the situation where I am looking at replacing a rhel LVS + apache
> load balanced reverse proxy with Windows, I have started to look at IIS7.
>  But I am thinking I would rather use apache.
>
> Has anyone on the list used apache on W 2008 R2 and have the used it with
> the Microsoft NLB. Does it work ?

Apache works very well on Server 2008 R2 (I have several servers using it).
I suggest you get the pre-compiled version from Apache
Lounge<http://www.apachelounge.com/download/> (or
64-bit <http://www.apachelounge.com/download/win64/>) instead of from
apache.org.
Installing it in a path with no spaces on the C: drive (I use C:\Webserv)
will make sure you do not run into trouble later because of those issues.
I have never had the need for NLB, but there should be no reason it would
not work (Source<http://people.apache.org/~sctemme/ApconUS2007/scalingout.pdf>
).

- Y