httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] FilterProtocol cache=no not working correctly in 2.3.15?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 03:06:38 GMT
On 5 Dec 2011, at 02:27, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:

> FilterProvider testfilter TESTFILTER "%{CONTENT_TYPE} = 'text/html'"
> FilterProtocol testfilter change=yes,cache=no
> FilterChain testfilter

FilterProtocol is slightly half-baked: filter modules should tell mod_filter
their protocol details when they register the filter instead.

But still, the above *should* cause it to set Cache-Control: no-cache
on requests where the filter is invoked (are you sure it is?)

> The filter itself works fine but the problem is that despite specifying cache=no which
according to the documentation should render the output uncacheable when I reload the page
I only get a 304 Not Modfied response.

If your browser sends a conditional request then the server might send a 304
without reference to any filters.  The cache=no option just sets the header
when the filter is invoked.

> I do not see any headers in the response that actually tell the browser that the content
is uncacheable.
> Any ideas what might be going on here?

Is anything going on that might cause an internal redirect?
For example, mod_alias, mod_rewrite, mod_negotiation, any error,
or anything concerning trailing slashes or directory indexes?
Or a subrequest, as in SSI?

--
Nick Kew