httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alex Samad - Yieldbroker <Alex.Sa...@yieldbroker.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Q) apache + W2008R2 + NLB
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 22:36:11 GMT
Hi

Great, currently the set I have is   IPVS (rhel) -> apache 2.2 mpm using mod_proxy_ajp
-> jboss cluster

I guess I should have specified mod_proxy_ajp and not tomcat connector - they are sort of
the same in my mind :)

(can't believe I am saying this), but its actually cheaper to run 2 IIS server over a 3 year
period (especially with Centos not being able to do a 6.1 release !) , so we are looking at
windows and thus started with IIS.

But what I am seeing is that I can take my IIS config and move it across to W2K8 with apache
and have it work there... I do love using config files over point and click..

As for http or ajp connectors, I believe (and I could be wrong), that the ajp is faster ?
than straight http ...

Thanks
Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: congo thomas [mailto:apache@thva.dk]
Sent: Wednesday, 7 December 2011 9:25 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Q) apache + W2008R2 + NLB

On Tue, December 6, 2011 20:35, Yehuda Katz wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Alex Samad - Yieldbroker <
> Alex.Samad@yieldbroker.com> wrote:
>>
>> 1) any idea if there is a tomcat (AJP) connector that would work or
>> are all the standard modules compiled
>>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/ajp.html
just to make clear of the tomcat versions:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/ajp.html
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/ajp.html

 - I use tomcat6 in various contents both on win32 and win64 and rhel64, thinking of upgrading
to tomcat7 or finding another servlet container for the java... if you dont dare to encounter
ajp, you can always proxypass or even balance several tomcats with apache (either http or
ajp in front of tomcat).

> Binaries for mod_jk are available for several platforms in the same
> area as
>> the Tomcat Binary Release. The binaries are located in subdirectories
>> by platform. For some platforms, such as Windows, this is the typical
>> way of obtaining mod_jk since most Windows systems do not have C
>> compilers. For others, the binary distribution of mod_jk offers
>> simpler installation.
>

>> 2) what worker model is it mpm or single thread ?
>
> There is a special MPM for Windows.
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_winnt.html

br
congo