httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tim Roberts <imtim...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Double Slashes in URL Path
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 02:16:05 GMT

I need some help understanding URLs returned from our WebDAV server.

I have several sites set up using Name Based virtual hosts.

i.e. http://hostname.mydomain.com

I need to be able to send direct links to files. When I use Copy URL from my client application
I get a URL that looks like:

http://hostname.mydomain.com//filename

Note double slashes.

I do not have trailing slashes in DocumentRoot or Directory statements.

I need for URLs to be:

http://hostname.mydomain.com/filename

I've searched high and low for an answer and can't find any references to such a problem.
I just replaced the stock Apache with the current release and still have the same results.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mac OS X Server 10.6.8
Server version: Apache/2.2.21 (Unix)

Thanks,