httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stormy <storm...@stormy.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] worker, prefork, .apache2.conf.swp and php
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 18:30:04 GMT
Apache2 2.2.17 on a possibly overbuilt (8 core CPU, 8 Gigs RAM, solid state
+ raid drives) lightly loaded server using MySql, Perl and PHP.  Built
using 'worker' rather than 'prefork' (Googling seemed to suggest
performance improvement under light loads) but now I'm reading various
reports that PHP could be troublesome (Debian User forum, "PHP5 stopped
working".)

Am I paranoid?  I found this while trying to find out about
.apache2.conf.swp and am now totally confused.  Insight from the experts
here would save my sanity.

Thanks - Paul