httpd-users mailing list archives

From rey sebastien <reyma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] OpenSSL and apache2 wildcard self-signed certificate for nested subdomain
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 14:22:35 GMT
And what do you think of this solution,
a self-signed certificates without CA, it's better than nothing isn't it ?

      /Self signed certificates/

    //

    /This creates a private key and self-signed certificate.
    /

    //

    /openssl req -x509 -newkey rsa:1024 -days 3650 -nodes -keyout key.pem -out cert.pem/

    //

    /We can then use cert.pem is both the server certificate and the CA
    certificate. Note that -nodes prevents the key from being encrypted./

No protection from *man in the middle*, but, it allow encryption between
server and browser no ?