httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mr. Chedder P. Slam" <chedders...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache won't start, and nothing written to error logs
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 15:40:48 GMT
from services:
path to exe:
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\bin\httpd.exe

cmd prompt run:

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\bin>httpd.exe

kicks down a line and blinks.  refresh of services does not show it is
running, nor the sys tray icon/panel.

EDIT:
ok, this is in the log:
[Tue Dec 13 09:35:31 2011] [warn] pid file C:/Program Files/Apache
Software Foundation/Apache2.2/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean
shutdown of previous Apache run?
[Tue Dec 13 09:35:31 2011] [notice] Apache/2.2.16 (Win32) configured --
resuming normal operations
[Tue Dec 13 09:35:31 2011] [notice] Server built: Jul 30 2010 16:15:37
[Tue Dec 13 09:35:31 2011] [notice] Parent: Created child process 1736
[Tue Dec 13 09:35:31 2011] [notice] Child 1736: Child process is running
[Tue Dec 13 09:35:31 2011] [notice] Child 1736: Acquired the start mutex.
[Tue Dec 13 09:35:31 2011] [notice] Child 1736: Starting 64 worker threads.
[Tue Dec 13 09:35:31 2011] [notice] Child 1736: Starting thread to
listen on port 80.

interesting.

- Why no update to the service, both via windows and the tray
icon/panel(proper name?, sorry)
- any way to figure out what is causing the issue?

did i do this correctly?

thanks.