httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: IfModule *rewrite*
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 14:35:46 GMT
On December 8, 2011 5:56 , "Helmut Schneider" <jumper99@gmx.de> wrote:
> Do I also need to configure RewriteLog within the VHOST?! Is that also
> a "Rewrite configuration"?! Because only setting RewriteEngine On does
> not write a logfile...

Did you read the documentation?

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewriteengine

"Context: server config, virtual host"
"The directive should occur only once per server config."
"If the name does not begin with a slash ('|/|') then it is assumed to
be relative to the /Server Root/."

If you are using RewriteLog in the server context but are not seeing a
log file:

- What is the value you have for RewriteLogLevel?  Note that it defaults
to 0, but that a value of 0 will disable all rewrite logging regardless
of whether the RewriteLog direcitve is set.  To get rewrite logging, you
not only have to set the RewriteLog directive, you also have to set
RewriteLogLevel to something other than 0.
- Are you looking in the right place?  (Does the log file name begin
with a slash?)
- Does Apache HTTP Server have permission to open and write the log file
in the place you have specified?
- Are there error messages about creating/opening the log file in your
web server error log file?

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@catseye.org