httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jérôme DESPATIS <jer...@despatis.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite doesn't rewrite when the url contains %2f
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 10:52:38 GMT
Hello,

I have a strange problem, I want to redirect everything to index.php in
a vhost (index.php is my controller), so I use the minimalistic vhost
config, indicated at the end of this mail

afterwards, when I go to http://testtag.poseidon.dev/%20, all is ok, I
can see my rewrite log (in /tmp/apache.log), the access 200 in my access log

But if I go to http://testtag.poseidon.dev/%2f (%2f is the code for /),
or in fact whatever url that just contains %2f (for example, it can be
http://testtag.poseidon.dev/whatever%2f___

=> then I get a 404 error, the rewrite log is empty (the rewrite engine
doesn't seem to be executed at all!), I still can see a 404 access in my
vhost access log (and further more, no other access log in
/var/log/apache2/ is filled in)

If you understand what's going on in this completely weird problem,
you're welcome!!

------- CUT HERE ------
<VirtualHost *:80>
<Directory /home/enzo/projects/test_soft/ezpublish11/testtag>
                 Order allow,deny
                 Allow from all
</Directory>

         RewriteEngine On

         RewriteLogLevel 9
         RewriteLog      /tmp/apache.log

         RewriteRule .* /index.php

         ServerName testtag.poseidon.dev
         DocumentRoot /home/enzo/projects/test_soft/ezpublish11/testtag

         CustomLog /var/log/apache2/testag_access_log combined
         ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/testag_error_log
</VirtualHost>
------ CUT HERE -----

Thanks for your help

--