httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <denni...@conversis.de>
Subject [users@httpd] No Content-Type header despite DefaultType directive
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 15:08:27 GMT
Hi,
I am trying to get Apache to send a file with the filename "test" that
contains html through a filter for the mime type text/html. The problem is
that even when I set a DefaultType in .htaccess the response doesn't
contain a Content-Type header. The browser actually displays the content as
html (probably by guessing) but since the response itself doesn't contain
an explicit mime type the filter does not get applied.

Shouldn't Apache always set a mime type when I use DefaultType?

Regards,
   Dennis