httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <denni...@conversis.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] FilterProtocol cache=no not working correctly in 2.3.15?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 14:56:27 GMT
On 12/05/2011 03:43 PM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
> On 12/05/2011 02:12 PM, Nick Kew wrote:
>> On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 13:11:10 +0100
>> Dennis Jacobfeuerborn<dennisml@conversis.de> wrote:
>>

>>> The filter inserts a header and a footer in the page from two files. I can
>>> modify these files and don't see an update when I reload but I *do* see an
>>> update when I shift+reload. So the filter definitely gets invoked.
>>
>> Is the filter your own, or supplied by a third-party?
>>
>> If you have access to the source, please check whether it sets the
>> AP_FILTER_PROTO_NO_CACHE flag in ap_register_output_filter_protocol.
>
> I created the filter myself so I changed the registration from
>
> ap_register_output_filter("TESTFILTER", testfilter_filter, NULL,
> AP_FTYPE_CONTENT_SET);

> ap_register_output_filter("TESTFILTER", testfilter_filter, NULL,
> AP_FTYPE_CONTENT_SET|AP_FILTER_PROTO_NO_CACHE);
>
> This doesn't seem to change anything though. I still get the 304 response
> without any headers that forbid caching.
>
> Just out of interest shouldn't the FilterProtocol directive with cache=no
> have the same effect as the flag and if I set the flag in the code can I
> remove the directive from the configuration (once cache prevention is
> working as intended)?

Ok, so I just noticed you were talking about
ap_register_output_filter_protocol() and not ap_register_output_filter() so
I guess the change above is pretty useless.

The question is how/where do I add the ap_register_output_filter_protocol()
call? Is that something I do in addition to the content filtering I do now
or does it replace what I'm currently doing i.e. do I turn my resource
filter into a protocol filter (which doesn't sound right)?

Regards,
   Dennis