httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <denni...@conversis.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] FilterProtocol cache=no not working correctly in 2.3.15?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 14:43:37 GMT
On 12/05/2011 02:12 PM, Nick Kew wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 13:11:10 +0100
> Dennis Jacobfeuerborn<dennisml@conversis.de>  wrote:
>

>> The filter inserts a header and a footer in the page from two files. I can
>> modify these files and don't see an update when I reload but I *do* see an
>> update when I shift+reload. So the filter definitely gets invoked.
>
> Is the filter your own, or supplied by a third-party?
>
> If you have access to the source, please check whether it sets the
> AP_FILTER_PROTO_NO_CACHE flag in ap_register_output_filter_protocol.

I created the filter myself so I changed the registration from

ap_register_output_filter("TESTFILTER", testfilter_filter, NULL,
AP_FTYPE_CONTENT_SET);

ap_register_output_filter("TESTFILTER", testfilter_filter, NULL,
AP_FTYPE_CONTENT_SET|AP_FILTER_PROTO_NO_CACHE);

This doesn't seem to change anything though. I still get the 304 response
without any headers that forbid caching.

Just out of interest shouldn't the FilterProtocol directive with cache=no
have the same effect as the flag and if I set the flag in the code can I
remove the directive from the configuration (once cache prevention is
working as intended)?

Regards,
   Dennis