httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] name-server
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2011 11:45:50 GMT
Dr. Sunil M. Dogra wrote:
> I have also registered my domain name (cdrstdu.edu.in <http://cdrstdu.edu.in>)
> with my registrar. But I still could not open the page.

Registering the domain is not the same as 'hosting' it. You need to have the an
ISP or registrar who actually provide a means of pointing YOUR ip address to the
domain name. I register domains via my ISP, and they handle the DNS side of
things and then I can set that link to my local ip address. In addition you need
a fixed IP address locally for this.

An alternative is registering with one of the 'dynamic dns' providers who will
compensate for a change of ip address if you don't have a static one.

e need a little more info on how you access the internet ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL