httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sheryl " <gubyd...@his.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Clarification on Apache timouts
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 17:02:18 GMT
Greetings,

I have a situation in which a PHP script is getting hung on a socket call and never exiting.
 Also never getting to the point of sending back any output to the client in the form of HTML.

Before you tell me to ask the PHP list though, the language of the script is really irrelevant
(and I have already posted on a PHP list concerning the call that is hanging).

The point is, my reading of the docs on the various timeouts in apache leads me to think that
unless there is something on the way to/from the client none of the timeouts apply.  I don't
see a way to limit the time that something is *preparing* to send back a response.

Certainly Timeout at the default setting has no effect, and I don't see any other directive
that looks promising.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Sheryl