httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rapp, James" <james.r...@sap.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] httpd - Get 200 but no data.
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 16:57:57 GMT
I would examine the request using Fiddler (or another HTTP proxy then).  If the Request Headers
do not contain a JSESSIONID, or other identifier you can use in the mod_jk configuration,
it will not respect the session stickiness parameter and may be load balanced to another node.
 You would need to identify some header value on the request, such as:

JSESSIONID=E085302BC98A73177D99D0DC9DADA54B.<node name>

So, if my JBOSS nodes are Machine1 and Machine2 the JSESSIONID should look like:

JSESSIONID=E085302BC98A73177D99D0DC9DADA54B.Machine1

Per the documentation I provided earlier.  I do not believe session stickiness can be implemented
in mod_jk without this.

James Rapp
Senior Ecosystem Quality Manager, Global Ecosystem and Delivery Partners,   AGS Primary Support

Sent: Friday, December 09, 2011 9:32 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] httpd - Get 200 but no data.

Hi Jim,

No I am not setting it as a part of the request.

Rajesh
On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Rapp, James <james.rapp@sap.com<mailto:james.rapp@sap.com>>
wrote:
Hi RJ,

Are you setting a JSESSIONID cookie as part of the request?  I had this problem in the past
with an application that did not support cookie based session affinity.  In this case I ended
up with several requests missing the JSESSIONID and they were being routed in round-robin
fashion.

You can check the directives session_cookie and session_path in the workers reference:

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html

Regards,
Jim