httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rapp, James" <james.r...@sap.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] httpd - Get 200 but no data.
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 22:22:20 GMT
Hi RJ,

Are you setting a JSESSIONID cookie as part of the request?  I had this problem in the past
with an application that did not support cookie based session affinity.  In this case I ended
up with several requests missing the JSESSIONID and they were being routed in round-robin
fashion.

You can check the directives session_cookie and session_path in the workers reference:

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html

Regards,
Jim

James Rapp
Senior Ecosystem Quality Manager, Global Ecosystem and Delivery Partners,   AGS Primary
Support

Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2011 1:15 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] httpd - Get 200 but no data.

Hi Wade,

The httpd server is v2.2 and JBoss is 4.5. I am enclosing a copy of the workers.properties.
There are 2 nodes in the cluster. I am enclosing copies of httpd.conf and workers.properties.

Some additional information that I just debugged into  - looks like the rendering is being
sent to node 2 (instead of sending to node1). The following is the image url - http://10.38.188.9:8080/ReportBirtViewerWeb/preview?__sessionId=20111208_111922_807&__imageid=custom4fcb6c1341ebef5b74.png,
and every time I access this url from browser, the rendering flip flops i.e it renders on
first run, does not on second, then again renders on third, which leads me to believe that
this could be switching between 2 different servers. Again this is just my guess, might be
wrong.

RJ
On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Wade Evans <wade.p.evans@gmail.com> wrote:
RJ,

> What am I doing wrong in the configuration?
Can you share with us a bit of your configuration?

Thanks

 - Wade

Hi,

I am new to httpd. I am using httpd and mod_jk for load balancing. I am running it under sticky
bit configuration. I have a page that renders image and data. The http response to the image
request returns HTTP code 200, however the data is 0 bytes. Instead when I directly connect
to any of the servers, the image renders correctly. What am I doing wrong in the configuration?

The application that I am trying to load balance is a BIRT reporting engine (v 2.6).

Appreciate any help or pointers.

Thank you.
RJ