httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Clarification on Apache timeouts
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 21:59:58 GMT
On Fri, 09 Dec 2011 14:36:02 -0500 (EST)
"Sheryl " <gubydala@his.com> wrote:

> The developers say they can't fix the code and are taking the "apache is broken or it
would solve this for us" tack.  That's why I'm trying to find out more how the apache timeouts
work.

Apache timeouts don't affect connections made from PHP.  That's the
business of PHP, or the scripts concerned and their configuration.

If you run PHP as CGI you could set a timeout after which to give
up waiting and return an error to the client.  man ulimit!

--
Nick Kew