httpd-users mailing list archives

From The Registrar <the_regist...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Images not displaying in localhost
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2011 22:33:49 GMT

Hi, I just installed the Apache 2.2.21 version on my Windows XP SP3.  When I do a simple html
for testing under http://localhost/main.html  the images referenced in the html are displayed
randomly; some gets displayed and some don't, even though they are all in the same directory
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\images

If I enter http://localhost/images/image1.jpg or http://localhost/images/image2.jpg etc.
some will show but some will not show for no apparent reason.  The ones that don't show will
have an error message -> The image "http://localhost/images/image1.jpg" cannot be displayed
because it contains errors".  But these images are perfectly fine and located in the right
directory.  Just don't know why they would not show.  I found an article way back it seems
that the 2.x version have this problem and the user went back to 1.3 and there is no such
problem. Your help is greatly appreciated.