httpd-users mailing list archives

From Boris B <bb14...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache proxy server - in case of wrong credentials, getting 401 instead of 407
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 00:26:08 GMT

 Hi,

I have a very simple setup: Apache back-end server running behind Apache reverse proxy server.

Using 2.2.21 and running on Windows XP.

Generally, it is working as expected - traffic reaching back-end via proxy and responses from
back-end server returning to the client.
Basic and Digest authentication working fine (based on AuthType value)

The problem:    When I send wrong credentials, proxy server replies with error 401 instead
of 407, and sending "Authentication" header instead of "Proxy-Authentication" header.

Below the changes I added to default configuration file:

--------------
LoadModule auth_digest_module modules/mod_auth_digest.so
LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so

ProxyRequests off

<Location /mirror/1/>
 AuthType Basic
 AuthDigestDomain /