httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_ssl 403.7
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 12:20:07 GMT
On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 9:52 PM, Alex Samad - Yieldbroker
<Alex.Samad@yieldbroker.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to move a web site from IIS (Windows) to Apache (Linux). On my install on
IIS, when a client tries to connect to the site and doesn't have a client cert, they get a
customer error page, advising them they must have a valid certificate and to contact the help
desk.  With apache 2.2 when I try the same thing, I don't get an error page, just communication
failed and in the logs I don't get a message. I tried to add a errordocument 403.7 but that
doesn't seem to be working.

> Is this possible with apache 2.2 ?  also the documentation suggest errordocument takes
a 3 digit error code, so how do I get it to handle 403.7 and the other 403.x error codes ?

These are features and extended error codes unique to IIS.  Apache
doesn't generate them.