httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rapp, James" <james.r...@sap.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Logging for mod_cache in Apache 2.2
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 17:02:13 GMT
Hello,

This is my first attempt at posting to the users mailing list so my apologies if I've made
a mistake in my approach.

I have integrated mod_cache into my application successfully and can confirm it is working
properly by monitoring the cacheroot directory and by noting cached response headers on my
requests (such as receiving an out of date max-age value even after changing the corresponding
mod_headers value in my httpd.conf).

I feel I could offer a significantly better value proposition for Production usage, however,
if I were able to generate a log of cache-hit vs. cache-miss statistics for my application
such as the functionality documented in the Apache 2.3 beta here:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.3/mod/mod_cache.html#status

I have seen some of the solutions proposed on google, such as the SetEnv CACHE_MISS 1 solution
proposed by Alex Polvi/Paul Querna but would prefer a native approach if possible.  There
is also a section in the 2.3 docs under conditional logs that references this process but
nothing I could find for 2.2.

My question is, has anybody experienced a similar requirement and know if it would be possible
to implement the 2.3 logging functionality into the 2.2 module?  I admit I am not much of
a Developer, but if someone had already attempted this or could provide some high-level guidance
I might be able to modify the module and re-build it.

Thanks,
James Rapp
Senior Ecosystem Quality Manager, Global Ecosystem and Delivery Partners,   AGS Primary
Support