httpd-users mailing list archives

From Josu Lazkano <josu.lazk...@barcelonamedia.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Hard disk I/O
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:15:38 GMT
Hello list, I am having lots of problem with apache2 and Moodle, it
takes 100% of CPU and it block my server. I ask on moodle forum, I try
to install PHP-APC to cache PHP process but there is no good result.

I check my disk timing and this is:

$ sudo hdparm -tT /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
 Timing cached reads:   12086 MB in  1.99 seconds = 6068.06 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads:   72 MB in  3.05 seconds =  23.64 MB/sec

This is on a ESX virtual machine, are this values well?

I don't know how to solve this, with 15-20 simultaneous users I get 100%
CPU and I must reboot the server.

Any idea about this?

I will appreciate your help.

Best regards.