httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steve Swift <Swi...@swiftys.org.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] best practice: suexec with PHP5 in a many-user/non-technical-user environment
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 06:22:49 GMT
I don't understand how suexec is "calling" php-cgi, and how such php scripts
work.

I use SUEXEC on a couple of very different systems. My scripts (as is
required) run from a directory below my DocumentRoot. In turn, they use the
shebang method to invoke the programming language:
#!/usr/bin/rexx --
As far as I'm aware, this executable can be anywhere; the restriction is on
where the SCRIPT is housed, not where it's processing executable lives.

Once my script starts executing under suexec, it can run more or less any
executable/binary that my own userid has access to; at least, I've never run
into any problems.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk