httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard Thomas <Richard.Tho...@the-logic-group.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache Proxy for non-web protocols
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 15:32:49 GMT
Hi,

I have searched all round for information on my query and asked a number of colleagues who
know Apache more then me and I'm still stuck!

Does anyone know if it is possible or not to get Apache to proxy non-web protocols please?

I've read that it can proxy http, ftp etc, but I want it to proxy protocols that it does not
know about.

I know there are other methods that will achieve proxying, like nc and iptables' port forwarding
etc, but I need some failover capability, so that if the proxy detects that host A is down,
it sends it onto host B instead.

If anybody has any ideas on this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

The Logic Group Enterprises Limited. Logic House, Waterfront Business Park, Fleet Road, Fleet,
  Hampshire, GU51 3SB, United Kingdom. Registered in England. Registered No. 2609323

The information in this email and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged
and protected by law. It is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient
you may not use, disclose, copy, distribute, print or rely on the content of this email or
its attachments. If this email has been received by you in error please advise the sender
and delete the email from your computer.