httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stormy <storm...@stormy.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Fw: favicon.ico
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 21:49:07 GMT
At 09:56 PM 10/14/2011 +0100, Steve Swift wrote:
>It is surprising that the installation of apache does not install a sample
>favicon.ico (the apache "feather", perhaps).

Why?  It's already "above and beyond" that httpd gives you a "success"
page.  A server is designed to serve what *you* want -- and that includes
gizmos that have nothing to do with "serving."

It's trivial for the owner|user to customize -- I would not want official
distros to get bloated à la M$.

Best - Paul
Tired old sys-admin

>On 14 October 2011 14:34, Mark H. Wood <mwood@iupui.edu> wrote:
>On one hand:  favicon.ico must be readable by the process which runs
>the web server.  Check the ACL on that file.
[snip]