httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to configure httpd.conf to look for stylesheets in other directories ?
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 00:29:45 GMT
On October 20, 2011 17:56 , Ed Sutton <ESutton@fescorp.com> wrote:
> The error I get from  http://localhost/svn/
> Error loading stylesheet: A network error occured loading an XSLT stylesheet:
> http://localhost/svnindex.xsl
>
> Is there something I can add to the<Location>  to tell it where to find style sheets?
 Or is this a<Directory>  configuration?  The DocumentRoot is set to my MediaWiki so
I do not want to change that.

To Apache HTTP Server, a stylesheet is the same as any other file:  it
does not "find" them, it simply serves what the client requests
according to how its configuration maps the URL namespace to the
filesystem namespace.

In this case, whatever page is at http://localhost/svn is requesting the
resource http://localhost/svnindex.xsl -- that is, it is requesting
something named "svnindex.xsl" which is at the level of the
DocumentRoot.  Since you say that your DocumentRoot is set to be where
you have installed MediaWiki and you don't want to change this, the
first thing you will need to do is to change the configuration of SVN to
request files from some other part of the URL namespace rather than from
the top level.  For example, change your SVN configuration so that the
page that gets generated (or served) for http://localhost/svn/ in turn
requests http://localhost/svn-static-files/svnindex.xsl instead of
http://localhost/svnindex.xsl.  (The "svn-static-files" part in this
example can be replaced with whatever you prefer.)

Once you have this, you then need to tell Apache HTTP Server "when you
get a request for something under http://localhost/svn-static-files then
look for it in /opt/lampstack-1.2-4/apps/subversion/htdocs in the
filesystem.  You do this with an Alias directive:

Alias /svn-static-files/ /opt/lampstack-1.2-4/apps/subversion/htdocs/

For more information and examples, see
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_alias.html#alias

Keep the <Directory> stanza that you have in your subversion.conf file
right now, you'll still need that in order to tell the web server that
it can serve files to clients from the directory in question.

I hope this helps.

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@catseye.org