httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] directoryindexing or what?
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 15:02:36 GMT
On October 18, 2011 10:44 , Georgi Georgiev <georgi.int@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I have slackware 13.37 web server, but when I open from browser
> wordpress for example list the php file instead loading the site. I
> have in httpd.conf (tryed different variants)
> <Directory />
>     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
>     AllowOverride Indexes
>     #Order deny,allow
>     #Deny from all
> allow from all
> DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
> </Directory>
> <IfModule mod_dir>
>     DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
> </IfModule>
>  tryed and with htaccess, but no effect. Uncomented the line in
> httpd.conf for mod_php, but again the same. Where is the problem -
> missing module, error in the cod or? If recompile php?

You need to load mod_php and tell Apache HTTP Server when (and how) to
use mod_php.  What I generally use is:

LoadModule php5_module modules/libphp5.so
php_flag engine on
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

...which automatically has mod_php process any file whose name ends in
.php    However, make sure you read and understand the documentation
before deciding how to configure your server:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.unix.apache2.php

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@catseye.org