httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Allowing Robots.txt
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:13:41 GMT
On October 10, 2011 12:45 , Matt <lm7812@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to restrict http access to the server to certain subnets,
> require SSL and a username and password.  The exception is the
> robots.txt file.  I want to allow anyone access to that.  How do I
> tell it not to enforce a password or SSL only on robots.txt?

Use the "Satisfy any" directive so that httpd will accept EITHER the
host-based access control ("Allow from all") OR the user authentication
("Require valid-user") instead of requiring both of them as it does by
default ("Satisfy all").  See the example at
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#satisfy

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@catseye.org