httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] whre is SSLCertificateFile and SSLCertificateKeyFile directive
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 13:42:35 GMT
On October 10, 2011 9:11 , prabhu kalyan rout <pkrt85@gmail.com> wrote:
> what i mean in my previous mail is which file i can find the
> directives. i came to know that we can find them in
> /etc/httpd/conf/apache.conf or /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf file.
> but both the files are not present in my machine. i need to edit the
> file to update with my certificate and private key.

This depends on who provided the conf files you are using and what
directives they decided to put in each conf file.  It may very well be
that they did not provide any file with these directives, in which case
you will have to choose a conf file in which to add the directives.
However, you cannot just create a new configuration file -- Apache HTTP
Server will only read configuration files that it has been told to read,
and which files your installation of httpd will read will depend on
which distribution of httpd you are using.

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@catseye.org