httpd-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Smith <theitsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_authz_ldap - Authenticating users in Apache
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 15:48:30 GMT
I did this using a <Directory> directive--you can put your LDAP auth stuff there and
apply it to the top-level file system directory of your application. Users won't be able to
bypass that. (I'm assuming that you're currently using a <Location> directive and that
your entire application lives in a single directory structure.)

This will generally work for what you want to do--you didn't provide enough information in
your post to provide a response specific to your situation.

~ Tom
(Sent from my mobile.)

On Oct 17, 2011, at 8:14, Kalimuthu Samayan <ksamayan@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have used Apache httpd directives to configure the authenticating the users against
LDAP database using httpd modules, mod_authz_ldap and mod_ldap. The authentication looks ok,
but not able to find any specific directives or way to stop users bypassing web server login
and try hitting application URL (application server) directly.

> Any help on redirecting to login on web server if any one tries to access the application
directly in application server?