httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Webmaster Bill" <webmasterb...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Intermittent access to web address
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 12:07:28 GMT
I am testing from another computer on my home network but a friend a few miles away is testing
the web address also and he encounters the same problems
.
"Wild" Bill Miller
Swampmaster

From: Steve Swift
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:12 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Intermittent access to web address

When you start to get "not responding", are you testing from inside your 192.168.*.* network,
or from beyond your router?

If you are testing from inside your network, are you fetching from 192.168.1.102 or from 76.18.232.237?
If the latter, then you should check your router to see if it allows such "triangle connections",
from inside your network, to the router, and back in to your network. Mine (ZyXEL P660) initially
blocked such indirect connections (it throws work onto the router, to no purpose)

You might do better allocating your webserver system a fixed IP address within your home network.
Mine is on 192.168.1.2 - the router being 192.168.1.1