httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Amira Othman" <a.oth...@cairosource.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] change default apache welcome page
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 12:46:19 GMT
> I need to change apache default welcome page to customized one. When I add
> index.php to DocumentRoot  (default not that with virtual host) nothing
> change I get the same welcome page. And when I disable welcome page I get
> not allowed error page.How to change it and if I want to customize error
> pages how to do it?

Your server probably doesn't look for an "index.php" -- find your
current DirectoryIndex, or add a new one, e.g.

DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dir.html#directoryindex

> Regards

I checked it but no change still welcome page appears. And how to change
default error page ??