httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Pranesh Vadhirajan" <vadhira...@teralogics.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.3 Session tracking with mod_session produces load error on module load
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 14:44:02 GMT
We are using Apache server 2.2.3 at work as our web server.  Currently I am
tasked to track metrics for our website's content access. I am able to
gather some information (client's ip, request type, uri, etc.) from the
request_rec structure.

I also need to correlate "clicks" on the web site with their specific users.
For this, I am trying to use the mod_session module.  Since mod_session is
built into Apache for versions 2.3 or later, in order for me to use it on
our Apache 2.2.3 server, I tried to build it from source.  I use a build
machine where I compile the source and then deploy the resulting ".so" file
into the Apache server and change the httpd.conf file (adding LoadModule
directive) to load the module, and then restart the Apache server to deploy
the new module.

I've made it work for my own custom modules before, but when I try to do
this process for loading the mod_session module, I'm getting the following
error:

error: httpd: Syntax error on line 217 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot
load /usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod_session.so into server:
/usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod_session.so: undefined symbol: session_module.

I don't know if there is a library that I'm supposed to load before I load
this module. If you know the cause of this error, or if there is a better
way to gather session information on Apache 2.2.3 please let me know.
Thanks for your attention.

Respectfully,

Pranesh