httpd-users mailing list archives

From "congo thomas" <apa...@thva.dk>
Subject [users@httpd] Proxy all but one location
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 14:44:27 GMT
Hello experts,

I have this application (geowebcache its called), running in tomcat. I use
Apache2 to proxy all http requests into the geowebcache. However I have
come across this boundry where my knowledge of apache configuration
reaches my edges... I dont know how to exclude /cache from being proxied.

Right now my config looks like:
###
    ServerName   gwc-server
    DocumentRoot /var/www/gwc/wwwroot
    <Directory "/var/www/gwc/wwwroot/WEB-INF" >
        #disallow webinf from being browsed via apache
        AllowOverride None
        Order deny,allow
        deny from all
    </Directory>
    ProxyRequests On
    ProxyPass           /       http://gwc-server:9830/
    ProxyPassReverse    /       http://gwc-server:9830/
###

Please understand that gwc-server:9830 is the tomcat hosting the
"gwc"-application. Tomcat is running on the same host as apache.

How do i make http://gwc-server/cache not being routed through tomcat?
(tomcat serves it aswell, but since its static content, i want to skip
this layer due to heavy load; hence performance issues with the java
tomcat serving it).

br
congo thomas