httpd-users mailing list archives

From Al Dispennette <Al.Dispenne...@clairmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] httpd configuration question
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 21:47:04 GMT
Below I have two location match tags that I would like to use to control the flow of information
as it enters my apache servers. The problem though is that when I restart the servers I get
an error saying that the limit request field variable is not permitted inside the location
match tag.  This seems to me like a problem.  If I have one page that has a large amount of
data being passed in a single field and another page that has a small amount of data in a
large number of fields.  How am I supposed to accommodate that without increasing both globally?

If I am misunderstanding how this works please correct me so I can figure out a solution to
this.

<LocationMatch "regEx1">
LimitRequestBody 40960
LimitRequestField 8
LimitRequestFieldSize 4096
</LocationMatch>

<LocationMatch "regExp2">
LimitRequestBody 40960
LimitRequestField 300
LimitRequestFieldSize 128
</LocationMatch>

Al Dispennette
Customer Software Sustaining
Sr. Development Support Engineer

781 Lincoln Ave., Suite 200
San Rafael, CA 94901
Phone: (415) 526-7000 ext 7206
Cell: (309) 868-1401
Fax: (415) 526-7099
al.dispennette@Clairmail.com<mailto:al.dispennette@Clairmail.com>
[cid:image001.jpg@01CC7D24.52BE4E40]

This email and any attachment may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information.
 It is intended solely for the recipient.  If you have received this email in error or are
not able or willing to take reasonable steps to protect the information contained herein from
improper disclosure, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and destroy all copies.