httpd-users mailing list archives

From "RAMM, David" <david.r...@baesystems.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Using Apache HTTP to load balance with windows single sign on
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 04:50:25 GMT
Hi Users,

I have an application that runs in a single tomcat 6 instance. It is using waffle for windows
single sign on. That seems to work no problems.

I'm now trying to load balance the application, i.e. I have a few tomcat servers running the
application in the back end and use Apache HTTP at the front end for a load balancer. It am
using mod_proxy_balancer.

I've got the load balancing to work with a basic JSP page that doesn't use any authentication.
There is plenty of help on the internet for that.

But I can't seem to get to work with the application that uses waffle for windows single sign
on. It seems the information that needs to pass between the client and the back end tomcat
server for the waffle single sign on doesn't happen. I'm sure there's just some configuration
needed to make it happen but I can't see what it should be. When I attempt to view the application
through the load balancer, it keeps prompting for the credentials, of which no credentials
are successful.

I've searched quite expensively on what I could do but can't seem to find anything. I would
have thought it's be a common thing to support windows authentication through apache http
server.

Any comments, hints or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
David

"Warning:
The information contained in this email and any attached files is
confidential to BAE Systems Australia. If you are not the intended
recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this email or any
attachments is expressly prohibited.  If you have received this email
in error, please notify us immediately. VIRUS: Every care has been
taken to ensure this email and its attachments are virus free,
however, any loss or damage incurred in using this email is not the
sender's responsibility.  It is your responsibility to ensure virus
checks are completed before installing any data sent in this email to
your computer."