httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Mason <ch...@netnix.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache Support for RFC 6302: Logging Recommendations for Internet-Facing Servers
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 10:01:41 GMT
Hi,

I am enquiring to see if there are any plans to support source port
logging as part of the default Apache installation?
I know that Apache supports logging of the source port, but I am
looking to see if this can be enabled by default?

Apache is one of the most commonly used web server applications and a
lot can be done to support this RFC and give it traction by enabling
source port logging by default. Under NAT environments it becomes very
difficult for ISPs to adhere to legislation which requires them to
provide information to law enforcement agencies about subscribers. It
is also very difficult to get people to change their configuration
afterwards - by making it the default on installation would be a good
start.

I would be very interested in your opinion on this.

Kind Regards,
Chris