httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mod-ReWrite
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2011 02:33:57 GMT
On September 24, 2011 22:23 , Suneet Shah <suneetshah2000@gmail.com> wrote:
> I made the change that you described below. Now the tkn header is
> coming in as null.   Have I made an error in assigning the tkn to var1?
>
> URL -> http://localhost/test_rpc/header.jsp?tkn=abc
> Header value -> tkn: (null)
>
> RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} tkn=(.*)
> RewriteRule ^/test_rpc/$ [E=var1:%1]
> RequestHeader append tkn %{var1}e

No, the problem is that the rewrite rule you have above tests for a path
component that exactly matches /test_rpc/ with nothing before it and
nothing after it.  The URL you are testing with has a path component of
/test_rpc/header.jsp -- so this does not match, the rewrite rule does
not get invoked, and the 'var1' environment variable does not get set.

To get a rewrite rule that tests for the correct thing, see
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/rewrite/ in particular the
"Introduction to regular expressions and mod_rewrite" section.

Also, you appear to be missing the second argument of the rewrite rule.
If you don't want to perform a substitution, then the substitution
argument (the argument after the pattern argument and before the flags
argument) needs to be a single dash ("-" without the quotes).

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@catseye.org