httpd-users mailing list archives

From "plot.lost" <plot.l...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Is it possible to have a central balancer-manager for multilpe vhosts?
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 09:56:07 GMT
Hi,

I have several virtual hosts defined on a single apache instance, all of
which use a a reverse proxy (proxypass) to talk to different back-end
servers. Each proxypass uses a balancer: reference, with the proxy
balancer entries having multiple BalancerMember entries.

At the moment in order to view the balancer status or edit worker
settings I have to go to a location on each vhost that has the
'SetHandler balancer-manager' defined in it, and check/update each vhost
in turn.

Is it possible to define (maybe using a dedicated vhost) a single place
that can manage all of the <proxy balancer:> entries. I don't mean to
share the proxy balancer entries themselves across vhosts, but to have a
single page where I can view the status of every proxy balancer entry
and update if required, regardless of which vhost that proxy balancer is
for.

At the moment I need to go to a URL on vhost1 to get

LoadBalancer Status for balancer://server1
LoadBalancer Status for balancer://server2

and then a separate URL on vhost2 to get

LoadBalancer Status for balancer://server3
LoadBalancer Status for balancer://server4

and so on.

What I would like to do is got to a single URL that shows something like:

LoadBalancer Status for <vhost1> balancer://server1
LoadBalancer Status for <vhost1> balancer://server2
LoadBalancer Status for <vhost2> balancer://server3
LoadBalancer Status for <vhost2> balancer://server4
etc.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help.