httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_dbd, mod_authn_dbd examples
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 13:28:07 GMT
Indeed, the configuration manpage doesn't tell us much at all about
DBD support.

I just got a copy of the 2.2.21 source kit and tried out a few
'configure's.

If you have shared APR and APU installed, then by default it just uses
those.  In that case, you would need APU (apr-utils) to have ODBC
support built in.  Or you can specify --with-included-apr --with-included-apu
to build HTTPD with its own copies of APR and APU.

If you don't have shared APR and APU then building HTTPD also builds
private APR and APU.

In either case, it appears that the APU configuration script will
search for various DBMS support libraries and use them if it can.  In
my case it found odbc_config and set up to build with ODBC support.
This was the --with-included-apr --with-included-apu case.  So, it
looks to me as though, if ODBC is installed and findable in the build
environment, then HTTPD (or shared APU) will be built to use it.

If your ODBC library is in a "nonstandard" location then you can point
to it using --with-odbc=DIR .

I'm sorry to be a bit vague myself, but I usually just use the Gentoo
Linux packaging system to install/upgrade HTTPD and it sorts all this
out, so I'm not writing from fresh experience of actually making it
work.

Asking whether markets are efficient is like asking whether people are smart.