httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Best way to redirect within .htacces
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 09:50:55 GMT

On 13.09.11 17:03, atanaspich@mail.bg wrote:
>I've already seen it, but unfortunetely I can't get the VirtualHost
> solution to work in .htaccess and I can't understand what's the
> problem.

you need different virtual host with different documentroot, and put
you Redirect directive there.

I prefer using special modules for this, like redirtoservname or
common_redirect.

Unfortunately anything like "UseCanonicalName force" wasn't implemented
in apache yet.

"They say when you play that M$ CD backward you can hear satanic messages."
"That's nothing. If you play it forward it will install Windows."